Saturday, August 6, 2016

Thinking of a dog name....

Hi, nice to meet all of you!  My shelter name is Akiko (ah-KEY-co) and I have a new family!
Animal Rescue ProjectAnimal Rescue Project


My mom picked me up yesterday from Animal Rescue Project in Kalamazoo, Michigan.

I'm a Jack Russell Terrier Mix.  I have a lot of Jack Russell in me - and I'm hyper!

The vet says I'm 3 years old - but I forgot when my actual birthday is.

I love my new mom and dad and want to follow them around everywhere!  When I have to go in my kennel all by myself, I scream and screech!  I don't know how to bark, I just screech!  My mom thinks it sounds like nails on a chalkboard but I'm not sure what that means.

I've been at my new family's house for less than 24 hours but here's my favorite activities:

  • following my new mom around close to her feet. 
  • going for walks every hour.  I go potty outside and mom says I'm a good girl.
  • sleeping on my new dog bed, although I can't ever seem to get the blanket right no matter how much I drag it around my bed.
  • sitting on my mom's lap.  Yesterday she went outside to read a book and I stayed on her lap the entire time.  I love her!
  • chasing after chipmunks and deer.  Except for that darn leash.
My new Mom and Dad have a hard time saying my name correctly, and said they're going to give me a new name.  Some favorites are:
- Daisy
- Chili
- Millie
I don't care what they call me as long as I'm right by their side.  
famous Jack Russell Terriers - from Frasier

famous Jack Russell Terriers - from RCA




2 comments:

Jackie said...

Do you know how old she is? She could be part basenji and may not be full grown. That could be why she makes weird sounds.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Well, you could just shorten it to Key-co. My in laws have had Jack Russells for about 25 or more years. They are a happy and active breed for sure. I love dogs and I can see you love you new pooch. Congratulations on finding a new friend.
xx, Carol

Follow me on BlogLovin!

Follow
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...