Saturday, December 19, 2015

Alert: cute guinea pig Christmas ornament!

Alerting all of my guinea pig friends - Ty (the beanie baby company) has the cutest guinea pig Christmas ornament!


What's really cool about this ornament is that it looks like our guinea pig Ruby, who passed away earlier this year.

I have a tradition where each year I buy an ornament or two for the tree that represents
something that happened during the year.
When we went to Florida, I bought mouse ears and wrote "2014" on them.  When my husband shot a 12 point buck, I bought a clay deer and wrote the year down and his name (husbands, not the deer - ha!)


And when I started law school way back in January 2012, that year I bought a clay figurine of a woman with a briefcase that said Cooley Law School on it.
Pictures, right?  Ok, here they are:

















Beanie Baby ornament here, on Amazon.
Link:  Complete set of Ty Holiday Beanie Babies:

Although I grew up with a natural cut Christmas tree each year, we now have a small artificial tree that we haul up from the basement each year.  It's easy.... but it just doesn't have that fresh evergreen smell like a real tree does.  I miss that.
Do you have a collection of personal Christmas ornaments?


7 comments:

carol l mckenna said...

Delightful Christmas post and love the guinea pig ornament photos!

Wishing you the magic and love of the season,
artmusedog and carol

eileeninmd said...

I have a few beanie babies too. I like the cute guinea pig. Wonderful collection of ornaments! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy weekend.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

sandyland said...

all unique

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Cute way to collect ornaments. I collected Halmark for years, then the ornaments my daughter and my grand kids made, some I made, and birds always find their way onto our tree which is also artificial. The last time we had a real tree it brought fleas in on it.
Merry Christmas!!

Grantham Lynn said...

I miss the country. Thanks for sharing yours! Thanks for coming over!
Have a wonderful week.
Merry Christmas!

CountryCityCindy said...

FLEAS!? UGH! I think after that happened I would always use artificial.

Val Chan said...

Love your tradition to collect ornaments to represent that year's significant happenings. Thanks for sharing & for the inspiration!

Follow me on BlogLovin!

Follow
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...