Saturday, November 14, 2015

What's on the Game Cam?

My husband is a deer hunter.  I would call him a 'part-time' deer hunter, because he doesn't spend tons of hours outside, waiting for a deer to come along.  Opening day is tomorrow!

We have several game cameras - these are cameras that are made to use outside and are motion activated.  Game cams take photos day or night of animals walking by it.

Some game cams take photos in black and white, and some have flash or infrared for nightime photos.
 We've had some fun with these cameras.  Here's a collection of some great shots caught on camera!


In some ways, deer hunting is a lot like fishing.  You wait and wait, eyes open, waiting for the fish to bite, or a buck to walk across your path.  Both sports
take patience.  My husband doesn't like to sit around  - he prefers active hobbies, so I'm surprised he enjoys deer hunting and fishing.  Perhaps all the waiting is a drag, but once you get the nibble, or here the crunch of leaves under hooves...




Deer aren't the only animals caught on camera!  Here's a masked raccoon.

So this year, I'm again hoping Mark doesn't get a deer - only because I don't like venison or the smell of it cooking.  But I do like the venison sausage sticks - so maybe if he does get a deer we can have some of the meat made into that!  YUMMY!
What about you? Any deer hunters in your family?  Have you had venison before? What's your favorite way to cook it?  

4 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

No deer hunters...don't like venison. I have friends that like venison jerky. i always enjoy seeing what they catch on cam though!

Julie Zickefoose said...

Some lovely bucks there, and I love the rabbit/buck combo. Thanks for pointing me your way, Cindy!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, great captures from your game cam. The deer are pretty, love the cute bunny too. I do not like venison either. Great post and photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy weekend!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Fascinating photos caught on the "game cams." I like the one with the rabbit running through. One time someone made venison chili that I tried. It was delicious! There are some deer hunters in my family, and they enjoy the meat. (It's too densely populated near where I live, for hunting to be allowed. So deer herds roam around and multiply to the point where there are now more living here than when the Colonists arrived.)

Follow me on BlogLovin!

Follow
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...