Saturday, November 21, 2015

The Paul Henry Trail with my Fitbit

Last weekend my sister and I met on a section of The Paul Henry Trail next to the Wood Plant.  Most of the trees are now bare :( but the sun was out and the day was grand!  a nice time to chat and get some steps in.
This section of the trail has a powerline that dips down low.  You can almost grab it!
The Paul Henry rail trail is 42 miles long, from Kentwood down to Middleville.  Much of it is paved.  Check it out!
Mile markers are helpful - we ended up going 4 miles.
me and my sis
Walking is a great way to get daily exercise and it's something that I enjoy.  I have a Fitbit, which is a small wearable device that counts steps.  Four miles = about 10,000 steps.

I've had a Fitbit now for several years.  The first model I had was called the "Fitbit Zip".  It's the cheapest model.  You can get it on Amazon for about $46 with free shipping!
Click here to order with free shipping:
Fitbit Zip Wireless Activity Tracker, Charcoal




I I now have the Fitbit Flex.  I wear the Flex on my wrist and it's water resistant so I wear it in the shower.  What I like about the Flex vs. the Zip is I can wear the Flex 24/7 without worrying about it falling off or going through the laundry. :-O    Flex is also on sale at Amazon.  It's $85 with free shipping.  GREAT Christmas gift!  Click here for the link to Amazon:
Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity + Sleep Wristband, Slate

Cool replacement bands are available on Amazon too.  (when in doubt, get the Large size)  Link here:





These are my daily steps as tracked automatically by Fitbit.  I set a goal for myself of 15,000 steps a day.

Why I like the Fitbit brand:  Great customer service and no technical problems.  It works!

What else is cool about Fitbit:  1) racing your friends.  The Fitbit website connects everyone in.  2) the Fitbit Flex and Zip devices holds your data for 7 days inside the device just in case you can't sync it for several days.



Wearing a fitness tracker has been very motivational for me to try and get my 15,000 daily steps in.  I like taking a 10 minute walk, and then seeing my step totals increase dramatically.
 A little effort can go a long way towards good health.  
What kinds of exercise do you get on a daily basis?

2 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

A lot of people I know are using the Fitbit, or talking about getting one. It's great that you have someone to walk with and a nice paved trail.

Thought I'd let you know that you are a no reply blogger. Unless you wanted to be, it's probably because your blog is tied to Google Plus.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Cindy L said...

Thanks for the tip Carol - I'll look into it....

Follow me on BlogLovin!

Follow
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...