Saturday, October 24, 2015

Fall Colors in West Michigan

I was out running to the grocery store (Meijer. never a quick trip, is it). It was a beautiful day. Sun shining, blue sky.

I stopped at Dutton Shadyside Park.

Dutton Shadyside is a small county park in Kent County, hidden away just outside Grand Rapids.  There's a creek, some walking trails and ball fields. The fall colors are stunning this time of year! I took some pics of the variations in colors.

In a few weeks the leaves will have fallen. The trees will be grey and bare.  It's nature's way of renewing for winter and the upcoming spring.

I hope you have a great fall weekend and can get outside and
enjoy the fall colors near you!  What are your plans for the weekend?  Do enjoy this season with falling temperatures, crisp evenings and... football?









2 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Some of our foliage is so vividly beautiful. I am surprised this year that there are so many green trees mixed in with the reds, yellow and orangy-rust. Even my Sugar Maple in the front yard has not yet completely turned to the vivid red I am always grateful to see. I dry summer brings brown leaves. I'll be watching it rain today...while I stitch so that's a good thing. Only tomorrow knows what tomorrow will bring.

memorial garden benches said...

Lovely trees! I am always grateful and delightful to see nature. This is onderful. Thanks for sharing!

Follow me on BlogLovin!

Follow
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...