Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Tiny Woolly Bear Caterpillar - Fall is coming

Today I spotted a tiny woolly bear caterpillar.
This is the smallest one I've ever seen. A sign of fall I guess.  : - (



It's not that I don't like Fall, it's just that in Michigan, summer is really only 3 months long: June, July and
August.  Once September gets here, the weather turns.  Evenings can be in the 40s and 50s, and highs during the day can struggle to reach 60 F.  Maybe I need a list:

  Things I love about Fall:
  1.  cider & donuts at an apple orchard
  2.  the smell of burning leaves
  3.  the trees turning colors
  4.  wearing fleece as much as possible.

What do you love about Fall?







4 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

The South Bend area has been suffering with fall like weather for the last 3 days...notice I said "suffering"! You are so right about a 3 month summer and when you don't have much of a spring to lead into it, it makes the summer seem all the more shorter. I DON"T like the smell of burning leaves. I DO like cider and donuts. I love to see the trees change colors especially when we have had enough rain for them to be a blaze of color. I also like fleece!!

I look forward to football season, HALLOWEEN!!!, open windows to let the fresh air in and no air conditioning.
xx, Carol

Grantham Lynn said...

Oh Cindy. Great post. Thanks for sharing the caterpillar. I love your list!
Thanks for sharing at the Fabulous Fall party. I love everything about Fall.
Our summers are looooong and HOT! Thanks again. I hope the rest of
your week is Fabulous!

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

I LOVE everything that you listed!! I adore Fall!!

Hugs,
Deb

Grantham Lynn said...

Thanks for linking. This party runs to Halloween week. Link all your Fall posts!
Please no Halloween. The Halloween button is on my sidebar.
Thanks again. Let's party all through the Fall.

Follow me on BlogLovin!

Follow
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...