Thursday, August 6, 2015

Caterpillar will soon be a Monarch?


So THIS is happening right now in my living room.  It's a little difficult to see from the photo, but the caterpillar is upside down, on the bottom surface of a leaf, in a "J" formation.  I discovered this shortly before leaving for work this morning.  Left the house a little late from taking pictures.  My phone actually takes better pics than my digital (yay blackberry).  When the caterpillar forms a "J", they will stay in that position for 12 hours, then start forming the chrysalis.  (that's a tough one to spell)

 They spend 10-12 days in the chrysalis before emerging as a butterfly.  Sounds like a miracle to me.

See my prior posts about Monarch butterfly caterpillars here:

http://countrycitycindy.blogspot.com/2015/08/monarch-caterpillars-are-growing.html

http://countrycitycindy.blogspot.com/2015/07/monarch-butterflies.html







No comments:

Follow me on BlogLovin!

Follow
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...