Saturday, July 18, 2015

What is Pinterest?

Are you on Pinterest?Image result for pinterest

Pinterest CEO Ben Silbermann summarized the company as a "catalog of ideas," rather than as a social network, that inspires users to "go out and do that thing."
Pinterest launched in 2010.
Users can upload, save, sort, and manage images—known as pins—and other media content (e.g., videos
and images) through collections known as pinboards.  Users can browse the content of others on the main page. Users can then save individual pins to one of their own boards using the "Pin It" button, with Pinboards typically organized by a central topic or theme.  (Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinterest) 

If you want to waste some time (especially if you should be studying), writing a blog Pinterest is THE PLACE to do it.

When Pinterest was in its early years, everyone was able to view it without logging in.  When they added a log-in, I was stubborn and didn't look at it again.

But I'm back.
And there's some funny stuff on Pinterest (and some cool stuff too).  Here's a sample:
if I ONLY had one book this size to memorize for the bar ...
These are song lyrics, so possibly more funny to some than others.

funny 4 alarm clocks by bed don't trust body during bar exam week

Long box leather pull
I was looking for new pulls for my bathroom cabinet I recently painted white (from oak).  Love these LEATHER pulls, but I don't think they would hold up in the bathroom - wet hands, washing your hair in the sink and what-not.  And I tend to be on the messy side (ask my husband).
Pull apart pizzaPizza.  Wonder if it tastes as good as it looks.  Would be fun for a party.
This is roughly what a Pinterest page looks like

1 comment:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Everyone was so up in the air about Pinterest when it started. Many artist didn't like their work being shared without their permission. So many times I have looked for where a picture originated and was unable to find the source. I'm a stitching crafty kind of person and often want to see more. Know about the artist.

Yes, Pinterest can be a good time waster. But it can also be great for inspiration. I don't think I'll jump on the newest "buy it on Pinterest" trend.

Follow me on BlogLovin!

Follow
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...