Monday, May 4, 2015

Redpolls in my hanging basket

As you may remember from my prior post, this year I put up hanging baskets of purple pansies early this spring to try and get mourning doves to nest in it like they did in prior years.
Adult male
Well, no mourning doves so far, but I do have a nest of redpolls!

And they have two eggs!

It will be fun watching them raise the babies.

Cool facts about redpolls:

  • A few banding records have shown that some Common Redpolls are incredibly wide ranging. Among them, a bird banded in Michigan was recovered in Siberia; others in Alaska have been recovered in the eastern U.S., and a redpoll banded in Belgium was found 2 years later in China.
http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Common_Redpoll/lifehistory

No comments:

Follow me on BlogLovin!

Follow
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...