Thursday, May 14, 2015

New bird spotted in my yard! The Yellow-Rumped Warbler

We spotted a new bird in our yard the other day.  Looking at the bird books, (I recommend this one), it looks like a yellow-rumped warbler.  
We've had warblers in our yard before - but only the yellow warbler.

This one was about the same size, but the markings were very unique.  (I have to say, I'm impressed at the pictures my little digital camera took)


In summer, Yellow-rumped Warblers are birds of open coniferous forests and edges, and to a lesser extent deciduous forests. In fall and winter they move to open woods and shrubby habitats, including coastal vegetation, parks, and residential areas.1
1 http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Yellow-rumped_Warbler/id
A map of the range of the yellow-rumped warbler is below.
Yellow-rumped Warbler Range Map
Source:  http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Yellow-rumped_Warbler/id

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing on the Homestead Blog Hop!

Mary Cromer said...

Little beauties they are and you got some nice shots~

Pat Ulrich said...

Such a lovely bird to stop by for a visit!

Marie C said...

How exciting! I always love seeing something new! You got some great photos of this stunning bird.

Follow me on BlogLovin!

Follow
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...