Friday, April 17, 2015

Pansies and Mourning Doves

IMG_20150415_074630

Spring is my favorite season, followed shortly behind by summer. I love the birds singing, the brown being replaced by green. I love the sunshine, the warmer temperatures. I love life coming up from the gray.
Two years ago, we were blessed with the opportunity to see a pair of mourning doves nesting in a hanging flower basket on our front porch. They had two little babies and it was neat to see them taking turns sitting on the nest and feeding them. After the first batch of babies fledged, the pair went to our deck and successfully raised another set of babies in a deck planter. I am hoping to have this happen again, so I made sure to get a new hanging basket up right away. Pansies are frost hearty plants that thrive in the cooler temperatures of spring.
          I got this basket from Country Harvest Greenhouse and the blooms are so pretty! 993531_10151626691732510_242646452_n

1 comment:

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

That is so sweet! I've never seen a baby mourning dove before.

Follow me on BlogLovin!

Follow
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...